- This entry is part of a series in which we discuss good sources for odd Gamma World PC origins. For the rest of the series, check the Article Series link on the menu bar above. As always, check with the manufacturer if you are unsure of miniature sizes.
The very first thing to consider when approaching the Arachnoid origin is this: do you want to be a straight-up “giant sentient spider”? Or are you more half human/half spider? Or are you Spiderman? Please not the last one. Not even as “a joke.” It wouldn’t be funny, trust me. No matter what you choose, we’ve got you covered. Of course, your main source of half human spiders are Drider miniatures, and there’s no shortage of giant spiders either, thanks to the Fantasy RPG community drawing on the Lord of the Rings trilogy for monsters. We’ve even got some robot spiders for those of you with a second origin of AI or Android. Enjoy!
- Drider Fanglord, Spider of Lolth, Deathjump Spider, Phaseweb Spider – D&D Miniatures (Note: there was also a Spider Swarm in the Swarms article)
- Hiveling Overlord, Queen Chrysota, Night Queen – Dreamblade If you’re an Arachnoid/Nightmare, Dreamblade minis are good choices. Hence the name, I guess.
- Knobby White Spider, Dwarf Spider Droid, Crab Droid, – Star Wars Minis Some of these are the aforementioned robot spiders
- Fyorlag Spiders – Heroscape
- Spiderman, Arachne – Heroclix Yeah, I couldn’t help myself.
- All Spider Minis – Reaper This even includes a few spider-like vehicles that would work for Wheeled/Arachnoid
- Forest Goblin Spider Riders, Spider Queen, Giant Spiders – Games Workshop
- Giant Spiders – RAFM Miniatures
- Khurasan Miniatures This website is currently temporarily offline, so this is kind of a placeholder. My sources tell me there are some spider minis there.
Well, there’s only one origin to go – Wheeled – and then a final wrap up article!